In today’s travel blog, we will explore the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalay, Delhi which is a tribute to our Prime Ministers since Independence of India. The old residence of PM Jawahar Lal Nehru was converted into the Muesum, and the rest of the part was beautifully designed in a digital way. I can’t express my unforgettable journey to Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, but in this blog, I am trying to compile my tour and explain everything about Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya.
Explore Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya
Building 1 of Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya
Building 1 was once the house of Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehrau and at the reception gate the help desk team assist you to take a Digital Tour Guide from the “Audio Guide Room”. The Digital Tour Guide Explain everything about the Museum, you need to plugin the device from your phone.
In Building 1, you will explore the following sections or zones:
- India at Independence: British Legacy
- The Makers & Making of Constitution and Amendments in Constitution
- Democratic India: In this section the digital constitution guide is at centre and at sides there are 4 buttons on each side. Once you press the button, you will get to know about the slide.
- The Political Journey, Death Bed, and PM Jawaharlal Nehru’s & Indira Gandhi’s rooms
- Toshkhana Zone: In this zone, all the gifts received by our Prime Ministers from different countries were showcased.
Building 2 of Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya
Building 2 is pretty big and designed in a splendid way which really attracts the tourist. At the entrance or we can reception area of building 2, the Ashok Chakra is hanging, and “Namaste” is written in different languages. The gallery started with the photographs, thoughts, and journey of our Prime Ministers.
Explore the Building 2 – Section 1 of Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya:
- Time Machine: This zone was magnificently designed where you can understand the achievements of our nation in each year.
- Selfie or Photo with PM: You can click photo with your favourite PM. When I went Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, the queue to take a selfie or photo with PM was very long.
- Walk with PM: In this section you can take a walk with the Prime Minister you want and after walking you will get a copy in your email. I took a walk with Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee; you can check it in my Instagram handle traveljunkies2023.
- Lal Qile ki Prachir Se: Here you can witness the famous speeches delivered by our Prime Ministers from Lal Qila.
- Bhavishysa Ki Jhalkiya: In this zone, you can take a helicopter ride and virtually take a glimpse of future developments of India.
- Handwritten Letter from PM: Here you can get a letter from the Prime Minister you choose in a hard copy.
- Quiz Zone: Check your general knowledge about our Prime Ministers. Here you will get questions which you have to reply to in 10 seconds and to answer the questions stand on the option number from A to D.
- Feebback: A cute section, where you can click your pic with the help of tab kind of device and write your feedback. Your feedback along with your photograph showcased on the screen.
- Note: All these sections are chargeable except Time Machine & Quiz Zone. We will explain the charges in Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Ticket Price Section.
Explore the Building 2 – Section 2 of Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya:
In this section you can explore the “Prime Minister Galleries” and take a glimpse into the life and achievements of below Prime Ministers:
- Shri Gulzari Lal Nanda
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Smt. Indira Gandhi
- Shri Morarji Desai
- Chaudhary Charan Singh
- Shri Rajiv Gandhi
- Shri V.P.Singh
- Shri Chandra Shekhar
- Shri. P.V.Narasimha Rao
- Shri H.D.Deve Gowda
- Shri Inder Kumar Gujral
- Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- Dr. Manmohan Singh
Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Light and Sound Show
The Light and Sound Show showcased in two languages, Hindi and English. The timings of Light and Sound Show are:
- Light & Sound Show in Hindi: 6:15 pm to 6:45 pm
- Light & Sound Show in English: 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm
Note: Please book through online mode. When I asked at the ticket counter, they said Sold Out, so better to book online.
Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Timings
The Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Timings open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM and remains open from Tuesday to Sunday. The Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya remains closed on Mondays and Gazetted Holidays.
Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Tickets/ Entry Fee
- Entry Fee of Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya: Rs. 50/- for Indian Nationalist
- Handwritten Letter from PM: Rs. 50/-
- Walk with PM: Rs. 50/-
- Selfie with PM: Rs. 50/-
- Bhavishya ki Jhalkiyan/ Helicopter Ride: Rs. 100/-
- Audio Guide Device: Rs. 50/-
For Online Booking: Click on the link Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya | Tickets Book Online for Discount (pmsangrahalaya.gov.in)
Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Location/Nearest Metro Station
- Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Location: Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, Teen Murti Marg, New Delhi – 110011
- Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Nearest Metro Station: The nearest metro is Lok Kalyan Marg Station. You can take a walk of 1.8km to reach Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya.
- Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya Nearest Bus Stand: Teen Murti is the nearest bus station and bus numbers 604, 620, 632, 680, 720, 789, and 890.
Section for Foodies
How can we miss the Café Corner, a fabulous café corner is in building 2 on the ground floor. After a long walk at the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya, you feel hunger and the food at the café is quite good. Enjoy the food and share your views.
Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya is not just a museum, it’s a collection of achievements, missions, life and ideology of our Prime Ministers. You will learn a lot about our constitutions and how the Prime Ministers deals with the hardships. If you are from Delhi-NCR, plan a day-out and enhance your general knowledge.
Note: Image Credit: Website of Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya
Pack your bag and explore the unexplored places with Hema….