The 37th edition of Surajkund Mela offers a platform to showcase the unique culture of India and the talent of artisans. Every year Surajkund Mela is organized by the Surajkund Mela Authority and Haryana Tourism in collaboration with Union Ministries of Tourism, Textiles, Culture, and External Affairs. In the two weeks Surajkund Mela, offers diversified culture & traditions which attracts tourists from India and International countries.
Image Credit: Microsoft Bing
In the 37th Surajkund Mela, over 20+ countries from Europe, Africa and South Asia are participating. Tourists can buy exquisite handicrafts, traditional clothing and accessories, stunning artworks, decorative home décor and handmade jewelry. In terms of cuisine, various, regional, street and international foods are placed for the tourists.
Theme of Surajkund Mela 2024
Every year the committee selects the theme based on the state, in the year 2024, the organizing committee selected Gujarat. The stalls in the mela represents the heritage and culture of Gujarat. In the year 2020, Himachal Pradesh was declared as the theme state.
Image Credit: Microsoft Bing
The aim of the fair is to showcase the talent of Indian artisans and the diversified culture and tradition of our nation.
Surajkund Mela 2024 Date
In the year 2024, the festival starts from February 2nd and lasts till February 18th. The fortnightly festivals bring traditional materials to buy, folk dances, musical shows and tasty cuisine.
Surajkund Mela 2024 Timings
The Surajkund Mela opens everyday from February 2nd to 18th from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Surajkund Mela 2024 Ticket Price
The ticket price of Surajkund Mela differs in weekend and weekdays, the details are as follows:
- Ticket Price during Weekdays (Monday to Thursday) – Rs. 120/-
- Ticket Price during Weekends (Saturday & Sunday) – Rs. 180/-
Surajkund Mela 2024 Online Ticket Booking
To avoid end moment hustle at the ticket counter, tourists can proceed for online booking. The steps of online booking is mentioned below:
- Open the app, BookMyShow.com and log in to the app with your registered mobile number.
- In the search bar, type Surajkund Mela, and click on the “37th Surajkund International Crafts Mela 2024”.
- Once to reach the event page, click on “Book” option and choose your preferred date and time of visit.
- Click on the “Continue” option, then as per the members, add the number of tickets with the option “Add”.
- Click on “Proceed” and add the required details which include your email id.
- Complete the payment options.
- Tickets will be shared with your registered mobile number. You can also take a screenshot of the ticket or download the same.
- The security guard accepts both the hard and soft copy of the ticket.
Surajkund Mela 2024 Discounts
Every year the committee members introduced offers for the visitors, the discount of the current year are as follows:
- 50% discount on entry ticket for the school and college students on weekdays, but valid ID proof is a must.
- 50% discount on entry ticket for the senior citizen, differently abled person, and soldiers.
How to Reach Surajkund Mela
The festival is conducted every year at Faridabad, District of Haryana which is well connected with every means of communication.
- Nearest Metro: Badarpur Metro Station in Violet Line of Delhi Metro relates to Central Delhi, South Delhi and Faridabad. The Surajkund Mela is only 8 to 10kms away from the Badarpur Metro Station and e-rikshaws are easily available.
- By Road: Faridabad is well connected with the maintained highways of Delhi – NCR (Delhi, Noida, & Gurgaon). You can easily reach it by private buses, cabs or your own vehicles. The parking facilities are pretty good in Surajkund Mela and assure you the safety of your vehicle.
- By Rail: For the tourists travelling from distant locations, Faridabad Railway Stations is nearest from Surajkund Mela. The auto rikshaw, taxi and cabs are easily available.
- By Air: Indira Gadhi International Airport (IGI) is the nearest airport to Surajkund Mela. From Airport, either reach through direct cab/taxi or reach nearest Metro Station of Airport and reach Badarpur Metro Station, which is only 8 to 10kms from Surajkund Mela. Take a direct cab, or e-rikshaw to reach the mela.
In this blog, I had tried to compile all the relevant information related to the Surajkund Mela like, the dates, timings, ticket price, ticket booking and how to reach the venue. Surajkund Mela offers the best cultural experience of India and International level, the cultural performances, the traditional items, cuisine, and various shows adore you.
Pack your bag and explore the unexplored places with Hema……………