An adventure trip whether it’s solo or in a group always excites you, but the strategic planning for the packing of a backpack soothes your journey. But what to keep in your backpack for adventure travel is an important question, isn’t it? To make your journey smooth with comfort, we’ll discuss the essentials to carry in your backpack for the adventure trip. Let’s read the comprehensive guide together….
What to Pack for an Adventure Trip?
Gear and Equipment
- Backpack: For adventure trips, carry a backpack instead of a heavy suitcase which is heavy to carry. While selecting the backpack, check the right size to carry your stuff and the small pockets are a necessity where you can safely keep the small essentials in a separate pocket and will be easy for you to find your stuff.
- Sleeping Bag and Tent: In your adventure trip if you have camping in your itinerary, then don’t miss to carry the compact size sleeping bag or tent. While selecting the sleeping bag and/or tent, make sure your sleeping bag can handle the temperature of your destination.
- Navigation Tools: We know it’s Digital India, but we never know the network of the hilly areas or what if any electronic device stops functioning? In such cases, be ready with the GPS Device, Compass and Map to stay on the right track.
- Torch and Extra Batteries: I know you have torch light in your mobile, but what if the battery drains out. In your adventure trip, pack a torch and carry extra batteries for the emergency and safety purpose. You can also carry LED headlamps which run for long hours and save energy.
- Multi-tool or Knife: In an adventure trip, there are various activities and a multi-tool or knife is a necessity for some task for example, setting up a tent, cutting rope, or many other minor repair work.
- First Aid Kit: A first aid kit is mandatory for an adventure trip, in any adventurous activities if you get hurt or excessive trekking can cause pain, then a first aid kit with the essentials medicines, and bandages would be good for the trip.
- Layering of Clothes: In hill stations weather is unpredictable and for an adventure trip you need to be prepared with versatile clothing. The more moist your body the more you feel cold, wear moisture-wicking, insulation wear for heat and a waterproof jacket.
- Sturdy Footwear: In an adventure trip, never compromise with your footwear, wear quality shoes with high grip or a hiking boot. Always carry moisture-wicking socks and pack extra pairs for the safety side.
- Quick-dry Clothing: As I said above, the weather of hill stations are unpredictable and be ready for such crucial times. While packing a backpack for an adventure trip carry quick-dry fabrics and try to stay dry.
- Convertible Pants: Nowadays there are various options of convertible pants in the market. For an adventure trip carry pants which can easily convert into shorts and can go with versatile temperature.
- Hat and Sunglasses: In the higher altitudes area, the UV rays directly affect you and for such situations wear UV Protective Sunglasses. The wide hat goes with any kind of dress and also protects you from the sun.
Safety and Hygiene
- Personal Hygiene Kit: In any kind of trip whether it’s adventure or a home trip, carry a small bag which contains toothpaste, a toothbrush, soap, moisturiser, and hand sanitizer. Prepare this hygiene kit and carry it on your trips.
- Trekking Poles: The terrain of trekking and hiking are always uneven, steep hike, and rough roads. In the trekking or hiking the pain in knee or calf muscles are expected, carrying trekking poles to reduce strain.
- Sunscreen: For the protection from UV rays only Hat and Sunglasses are not sufficient, SPF Sunscreen is an utmost requirement for the protection of skin from harmful UV rays.
- Bug Repellent: In an adventure trip, always carry bug repellent to safeguard you from the harmful insects, so that you can enjoy your trip smoothly.
- Nutritionist Snacks: To keep your energy level high a high energy nutritious snack is must to add in your backpack. Energy Bar, Dark Chocolate, Dried Fruits and Light Snacks are good to boost up the energy level.
- Portable Cooking System: If you are planning to campaign in your adventure trip then carry a compact cooking device for your meal and don’t forget to carry raw materials.
- Water Bottle: A lightweight water bottle which keeps water hot or cold for a long time is good and if you get a filtration system in your bottle then it’s a plus point for health safety.
Planning for an adventure trip? Then plan a packing of your backpack with all essential stuff for a smooth journey. Packing is always essential and understanding what to pack for an adventure trip is the most important task of your journey. In this blog, I have tailored the packing list in an effective and efficient way which will comfort you in your adventure trip. Why to wait? Pack your backpack and minimize weight while carrying required items.
Pack your bag and explore the unexplored places with Hema…